Conscious Touch, Conscious Movement with Horses
a workshop with
May 21 – May 24, 2019
This experiential workshop focuses on developing our ability to use mindful, embodied touch and movement as a way of deepening our connection with our horses.Conscious Touch, Conscious Movement supports ease and balance in the bodies of both horse and human, helping us become more aware of what we are signaling with our bodies (and minds), and more open to what the horse is offering.
Conscious Touch, Conscious Movement helps us experience and understand:
- How to use movement and touch to create congruence between what we are feeling inside and what we are expressing outwardly.
- Deepening connection, awareness and attunement with yourself and the horse.
- Simple movements to create ease and flow in your body and that of the horse.
- Letting go of habits of body and mind that may create unnecessary tension in you or the horse.
- Becoming more trustworthy to yourself and the horse.
- How to feel both giving and receiving with your hands and body.
- Noticing when our movement and touch is transmitting inadvertent or unintentional messages.
- Specific strategies for settling the nervous system when activated.
- How to integrate conscious touch and conscious movement into your day-to-day activities with horses.
The clinic includes 3 overnight stays. The delicious meals start with dinner on the first evening and end with breakfast on the last morning. You will work with our herd of horses. It is not an option to bring your own. The clinic does not involve riding horses.
For sleeping, you have your choice of elegant rooms with fireplaces and outdoor hot tubs, to glamping in tipis (yes, tipis!) – your choice. The maximum number of participants is kept low at 10 and we don’t accept auditors. To interact with the horses, you will be asked to sign waivers. Make sure you wear shoes with closed toes (no flipflops, slippers or sandals) and it’s always a good idea to dress in layers.
Mountain Horse Farm is located in the beautiful Finger Lakes region, famous for its wineries and breweries, gorgeous lakes and waterfalls. You may want to consider adding a few days to your trip to explore the area.