Creativity eBookBreaking into Blossom: the eBook is a beautifully designed digital publication with ten chapters that integrate photographs, writing and movement prompts and specific strategies to help you find a deeper creative engagement. What I have observed is that for many of us there is a big commute between our creative work and the rest of our lives. I initially developed Breaking into Blossom: Moving into an Improvisational Life as an online class because I wanted to offer some fresh ideas on how to close that gap from my perspective as an improvisational movement artist. The book is designed to inspire you to become more daring, more visionary, more playful and improvisational in all aspects of your life. Here is some of what you will find:
Change: How to use subtle or dramatic change to expand our choices.
- Underscore: How to develop an intentional underscore for your day or for a project.
- Segments: How conscious shifts in activity and attention create greater focus and engagement.
- Play: From meandering to galumphing, how to foster a playful attitude and practice.
- Practice: Discovering your meta-practice and how it can support your work and goals.
- Moving and Listening: How strategic listening engages the senses and the body.
- Movement and Stillness: How consciously alternating movement & stillness takes us deeper into the moment.
- Letting Go: Learning how to drop it (even if you are going to pick it again).
- Flow: How to cultivate a consummate creative state.
I have been truly graced by the presence of Paula Josa-Jones in my sphere of online influences. She created this e-book from a workshop she just offered and it is really amazing. It is fluid, it moves and it is beautiful. You will learn something about your body, movement and improvisation which we all need in this digital world. It is full of writing and journaling prompts and little ways to stop and focus or unfocus when tasks become stale. Paula has a wealth of experience in choreography and dance and now she brings her talents online. I love reading her posts everyday - but really enjoyed this e-book. The photography alone is stunning enough.
There are some people who just make me want to be better at being me - and that is hard some days. I am also honored that she included one of my poems in her book (and I am not an affiliate) - I just think there are some online writers who deserve credit. And this is what Social Media is all about to me - sharing and connecting.
Nicole Rushin Reading through a lot of your blogs and writing I feel so much the same , on many ideas you have touched on . Also a Horse lover and lover of the Healing Arts , I have many similar ideas but they were suppressed ,until I read your creative writings. I now have a little bucket list" on how to get some of my ideas out of my head. I truly want to be a truer me. Namaste my creative friend.
Donna Aloia You will receive the book as a pdf. The cost is $12. You can order it here.